Join Becky in one of the most remote places on our planet, the Arctic! We will be visiting Svalbard which is one of the world’s premier destinations for nature photography.
Svalbard is a Norwegian archipelago in the Arctic Ocean north of mainland Norway at around 74-81 degrees north latitude. Longyearbyen is the world’s northernmost settlement with a lot of history in addition to world class wildlife sightings there are many historical sites, varied landscapes, glaciers, mountains, flowering tundra, pack ice and incredible scenery. Contact Becky for more information. There is no diving on this trip.
- 1 night hotel in Longyearbyen (July 16th for first trip and July 30th for second trip). If you’d like additional nights in Longyearbyen before the trip please let me know as soon as possible. Hotels book up very fast there.
- Breakfast included at the hotel
- 10 nights / 11 Days Accommodations
- Two expert guides specializing in polar bears and arctic wildlife
- All meals aboard ship
- Transfers to hotel, airport and boat
- Polar Wildlife Photography tips and individual assistance geared towards you
- International airfare to/from Longyearbyen (LYR) SAS is the best choice of airline to get there.
- Alcoholic drinks and sodas
- Travel Insurance (mandatory)
Why this trip? It’s all about targeting wildlife for amazing viewing and photography with no set itinerary locking us into a set schedule. We will be able to choose what’s best and meet different personal goals for the expedition. There will only be only 12 of us so that means 6 people on each zodiac. Our guides will position us in the best locations and because we have no set schedule so we can stay for hours if opportunity presents itself (without disturbing the animals of course). At this time of year we’ll have the “midnight sun” and 24 hours of daylight. That means if we spot a polar bear at 11pm we’ll board the zodiacs to go out for the most opportunities possible. We will travel up north of Spitsbergen island around 500 miles from the North Pole into the sea ice to look for polar bears which is a highlight of the expedition. With the midnight sun we could be up all day to spot bears, bearded seals, ring seals and seabirds. We’ll visit several walrus colonies around Spitsbergen and look for seals and belugas near the glaciers. This is one of the best opportunities for a small group photography based expedition to the Arctic that will not only blow your mind but you’ll go home with incredible images and memories.
Contact Becky Schott for more info or to sign up!